Welcome! My name is Michael Gilday and I am a Short Track Speedskater from Yellowknife, NWT, Canada. I currently train at the National Training Centre in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. I've created this blog primarily to let family and friends know about competitions and travel. I also hope to educate a bit about short track and maybe even entertain. Enjoy!

Monday, May 25, 2009

Things that are awesome day #1 **UPDATED**

I'm starting a new "feature" on the blog. It will be called things that are awesome day. I'll put a new one up whenever I find something that I think is awesome or that I might think would be awesome to pass along.

Today, for the first installment I give you the short highlights package on Carlos Sastre's epic win in the 16th stage of the Giro D'Italia. Today's stage was 237km long but had a TON of climbing and took the leaders just over seven hours to complete. Seven hours is crazy enough with all of the climbing they did but to be able to attack like Sastre did on the last climb of the day to Monte Petrano is awesome.

Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9Gt2-uLb6Y

I would embed it but embedding has been disabled for this video.

**Update** Check out a riders description of stage 16. This article is written by Michael Barry, a Canadian who rides for the Columbia Highroad Team. He is a very good writer and gives a very descriptive view of what he called one of the hardest days he has ever had on the bike.

The article can be found here.

You can watch the full Giro live everyday at universalsports.com

1 comment:

AndrewMatthews said...

I like the new 'feature'. awesome :)