Welcome! My name is Michael Gilday and I am a Short Track Speedskater from Yellowknife, NWT, Canada. I currently train at the National Training Centre in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. I've created this blog primarily to let family and friends know about competitions and travel. I also hope to educate a bit about short track and maybe even entertain. Enjoy!

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

OTP Press Conference

Today I did a press conference at Canada Olympic Park for Own the Podium. All of the winter sports were there with athletes available to give interviews about the upcoming competition season, which happens to be the last competitive season before the Olympic year. This season gets underway for us next week and in the near future for other sports (including Alpine which starts its season in three weeks and is on glaciers for the first few events - kinda cool I thought but sad as well because there is no snow in Europe in November…)

Showing off the Speedskating Canada Booth


Being a paparazzi and spying on an interview

Each sport had a little both to chill in

The press conference was pretty cool with a really good turnout of media. Except for the power going out a couple times due to a freak hailstorm that rolled through, it seemed like a success. I also got to chat with Clara Hughes and watch her handle to media super professionally (she also knows everyone too now that she has been media and athlete).




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice t-shirt! The fit is perfect!

Anonymous said...

Nice hair cut! OOO la la.